Conventional Freight Transport
Conventional freight is an alternative freight transport method for solid and liquid bulk cargo, or project cargo that is not possible or economical to transport in containers.
Netamar is an important shipping company for conventional transport on international seas.
Drybulk provides bulk and general cargo transportation services in a diverse fleet, from Panamax-class vessels to small multipurpose vessels. We offer maritime contracting services in international waters with multipurpose vessels from 9K to 17K and single bulk carriers from 19K to 28K.
Although container transport is widely preferred in the transport sector in our country and around the world, conventional transport is a much more accurate method for minerals, fertilisers, coal, limestone, cement, all kinds of cereals, chemicals, flour, sugar, solid bulk cargo or liquids such as petroleum products, vegetable oils, liquid gases, chemicals, fruit juices, milk, water, wine and beer.
Raw materials such as iron ore and coal are generally transported by large bulk carriers, while finished products such as steel and machinery that do not fit into containers are transported by multipurpose vessels (MPVs) and mini/small bulk carriers. With these types of vessels, we can safely transport high volumes of cargo at affordable prices, offering our customers a cost advantage.
Neta Shipping actively provides conventional freight service in all waters of the world. You can call our customer service team by clicking here to get information on specific transports for this area and to benefit from advanced services.
Loads suitable for conventional freight transport:
• Solid bulk cargo
• Liquid bulk cargo
• Project cargo
• General cargo
• RoRo Loads
Advantages of conventional freight transport:
• It is the perfect solution for all kinds of small and difficult loads.
• It can be used for many different types of small products.
• It offers a fast loading process.
• It is the right alternative for large loads that are not suitable for container transport.
• Conventional freight transport is a necessary and important alternative in our country, especially for bulk cargo.
• Using the correct equipment in loading and unloading operations, and avoiding the extra costs associated with packing, time can be saved in loading and unloading operations and the waiting time for ships at ports can be reduced.
Disadvantages of conventional freight transport:
• Different transport rules, equipment and different sizes and limits
• In some cases, more expensive than containerised goods transport